It’s been shared to our Blog before – but it’s worth another post!
Choosing the right type of care for your loved one can differ for everyone. Though it’s a daunting task, looking at these tips it might seem a whole lot simpler:
- Take what your loved one wants into consideration.
- Talk to multiple home care providers and facilities.
- Ask your loved one what they feel their needs are.
- Make decisions without asking your loved one if they have the ability to make for them self.
- Choose the cheapest company just because their rates are lowest.
- Only consider home care or facilities.
Home care or a facility? This is the question…
If your loved one is adamant they want to stay in their own home, sometimes the best decision is to allow them to with the aid of home care. Those who need round the clock medical care and are in a position where they should always be close to a doctor or medical staff should likely be moved to a health care facility.
The benefits of Home Care:
When it comes down to it, the best choice is the one both your loved one and family agree on. Home care allows your loved one to maintain much of their independence by providing them aid in doing everyday tasks. If they feel uncomfortable leaving their home for a care facility, we’d recommend trying home care first.
Visiting Angels provides your family member in the home a higher level of care. It’s important for people to maintain their sense of personal independence. With the help of a professionally trained in-home caregiver, our clients can enjoy their activities with safety and confidence. Our services also give family caregivers a much-needed break and a chance to relax and recharge.
Our home support services include:
- Meal preparation
- Grocery shopping
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and ironing
- Personal care
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Feeding assistance
- Help with activities of daily living
To learn more about our Home Care and Personal Care Services, please Click Here.
Experience the Visiting Angels® difference!
Give us a call at 905-685-4242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!